Friday, September 16, 2011

Discovering the inside of me.

-->



Do you ever wish you could take a long vacation, just leave everything and everyone, for a least a week or two? Well that’s were I am. I find myself being in a routine. Getting up in the morning, going to work out, picking up my brother, going to work, getting home not wanting to do anything but sleep.  And I’m part time SMH.   Don’t forget the weekends; I’m either out of town singing or preparing for the next event. I don’t know if I like it; this habitual performance of the past few weeks, have caused me to be Miss Routine Jean. Lol.

Don’t get me wrong; I am appreciative of waking up, able to work out, having a brother and a Job. But, I’m single and there’s a sense of freedom that I get to experience and I don’t think I’m taking advantage of it. There is a thing of being intentional and discovering the inside of oneself.

There is a method to all this madness, a reason why I’m feeling a scene of discomfort.  Perhaps my dreams are stirring inside of me. Have I been so goal oriented that I forgot about the exciting party in all of this? ME! Wow, I can’t lose the peace, joy, and strength of discovering. See if I can do this now, when I experience life in other ways, i.e. being a wife, mother, world traveler, and business owner; I'll be able to retreat back to my true values of the things that makes me. I can’t lose myself in the mundane of life, being of this earthly world rather then the heavenly or spiritual one.

So my spirit arises from my days of routine of the past few weeks as I ask the Spirit of all truth; to lead and guide me as I devote my time to intentionality.


Will you join me? Let’s not be complacent, there is so much more then what we see, be willing to discover the inside of you and see true destiny.

Food for thought:
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Rom 12:2 (NLT)




3 comments:

  1. Great word and I can so relate to your feelings on this. It's time for me to get out of the rut I'm in and start living my life on purpose...so yes,I'm joining you and devoting my time to intentionality also:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing gift2write! Intentionality is key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you loud and clear! I feel you are doing exactly what God wants you to do and I surely can see you continuing doing His work .. Your gifts are too precious and you help too many people to be stuck in one place; feeling routine.. I think sooner then you think people will ALL come to know Your name; your voice, what you stand for .. They will all hear you! You ARE touching lives and making a difference, and that is beautiful.. That is God!

    ReplyDelete